• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS6 or CS5 extended for Vista

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to download a trial version of Photoshop CS6, but was unable to do so since I am running Windows Vista which is apparently "unsupported".  Is it possible for me to download a trial copy of CS5 extended? 

Can I download CS6 on a Windows 7 machine, then install it on my Vista machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

PerryRiick wrote:

I tried to download a trial version of Photoshop CS6, but was unable to do so since I am running Windows Vista which is apparently "unsupported".  Is it possible for me to download a trial copy of CS5 extended? 

Yes, you can download a trial copy of CS5.5 Extended from http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html

You'll only be able to use it for 30 days though. Adobe no longer sells it so you will not be able to buy a serial number for it.

Can I download CS6 o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PerryRiick wrote:

Yes, you can download a trial copy of CS5.5 Extended from http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html

You'll only be able to use it for 30 days though. Adobe no longer sells it so you will not be able to buy a serial number for it.

Can I download CS6 on a Windows 7 machine, then install it on my Vista machine?

That won't achieve anything. CS6 will not run on Vista. Doesn't matter if you download it on any machine or obtain it on Flash drive or DVD - it still won't run on Vista.

System requirements are here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-photoshop.html

Are you in a position to upgrade Vista to Win 7 or Win 8 and avoid all this running around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't realize CS6 wouldn't run on Vista, I just thought it wasn't supported.  I don't care for W7 or 8 and surprisingly, I've never had a problem with Vista.  I wasn't able to access any of the CS5 links.  Do you know of any other legitimate sites I could try?   Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PerryRiick wrote:

I wasn't able to access any of the CS5 links.  Do you know of any other legitimate sites I could try?

What happened when you tried? Anyone asking for links to earlier versions always gets referred to prodesigntools.com. There are countless threads in these forums pointing to that site. The download links have always worked in my experience.

You must follow the Very Important Instructions found on all prodesigntools.com download pages first for the download links to work.

PerryRiick wrote:

I don't care for W7 or 8 and surprisingly, I've never had a problem with Vista.

You'll find that you won't be able to run current or future versions of Adobe software on Vista.

Most Adobe software nows runs on only Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John.  It looks like it's time for a system upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines