• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Keeps Crashing when exporting h.264

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shot some footage in AVCHD using a panasonic hmc80, edited two sequences in the same project a short one at about 8 minutes which I exported in H.264 fine and a second one at 36 minutes that keeps crashing when exporting h.264, exporting at about 8 to 10 mbps.  I tried mpeg2 and exported fine.  I updated premiere and windows and checked drivers such as Nvidia, all up to date.  I am using a matrox mxo2 as an I/O does not have the MAX.  Same setup worked fine with premiere cs6 for about six months with no issues. This is an I7 windows 8 system with 4 drives in raid zero for media and a separate drive for previews and export.  I also tried the FLV and it also crashed.  

The error message "Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working"  Windows is collecting more information about the problem.  I press cancel on the error box and premiere shuts down.  By the way same thing happened once  while I was just sitting on the timeline taking a break, it did the same thing and stopped, I was not rendering or exporting or doing anything.  I shut down all programs including my anti virus software to make sure that wasn't the issue, but kept stopping.  I used audition to make some audio adjustments on few of the clips which I did in the past with CS6..

I tried to open the project in CS6 but got a message that the project is damaged and can not be opened. The  Project however opens and plays fine CC where I originally created it. I inspected the timeline and rendered small portion of the locations it stops at based on percentage finished with no problem.  It has stopped at 20%, 55% and, 60 to 70% many times.Screen shot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Finally figured out the problem.  Hope this helps other casual users like myself.  Originally when I started editing I unlinked the video from audio to make some audio specific edits. This was a game play shoot of the board game only and talking heads were not in the shot.  Once I finished the editing I linked the video audio tracks back together.  After I inspected the timeline thoroughly by zooming in to check every edit  I was out of sync on one of my edits and it had a red -4 on video and a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those stopping points consistent, or random?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are random Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have any other solid ideas.  Possibly a bad install, possibly overheating, or a bad piece of hardware.

You could try exporting out a DI and converting that to the desired H.264, either using AME or some other tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Jim.  I just created a new project as a test and imported the video clip which is about 40 minutes and exported it without any editing and did fine.  I don't know why cs6 tells me the project is damaged and can not open when it opens fine in CC.  But seems it has to do with something on my timeline.  Wwhen I do short exports of different locations based on where it stops it works fine.    I really don't want to start the project over but looks like I might have too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured out the problem.  Hope this helps other casual users like myself.  Originally when I started editing I unlinked the video from audio to make some audio specific edits. This was a game play shoot of the board game only and talking heads were not in the shot.  Once I finished the editing I linked the video audio tracks back together.  After I inspected the timeline thoroughly by zooming in to check every edit  I was out of sync on one of my edits and it had a red -4 on video and a plus +4 on audio right at the edge of the clips.  After unlinking the tracks again the red numbers went away and sure enough had a successful export in H.264 after at least a dozen crashes.     What's funny about this is I had a successful export with mpeg2 after continuous  h.264 and flv crashes till this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kens10,

Thanks for the report.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wha red numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kens10,

It might be due to a video driver. See this forum post and see if anything suggested will help you: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1235582

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know if its help but...
when i locked all the channels and chenge the semple rate setting in the audio card from 44 khr to 48
the problem was solved

the export setting is :
format - h.264
preset - match source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be relevant to your exact issue but I was also getting crashes from Premiere Pro and Media encoder on export

I finally located the issue and it was the MORPH CUT effect, once removed exported perfectly

Might be a bug adobe needs to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the most frustrating day with this issue today.  After about 5 hours of troubleshooting, I discovered it was a matter of choosing the right GPU setting for my project.  I had OpenCL selected instead of CUDA on my Mac.  Adobe software NEVER specifies what the problem is which really is aggrevating.  They really need to work on implementing specific error messages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi mine doesnt have CUDA, it only has OPENCL, Metal, and the Software only. can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines