• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording a PPT slide show with Annimations

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2007 Mar 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Power Point slides that have annimation (text flying or scrolling in etc.) need placed into Captivate exactly as they look an operate in PPT. I have not been able to find a way to capture the show Captivate. How is this done? surely if Camtasia at a fraction of the cost can do this, surely Captivate with all it's rich feature can do this.

Could some one please tell how to capture this?

Thanks in advance!

Jerry
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry

As you have seen, PowerPoint slides come into Captivate as static screen shots. One way to achieve what you are wanting would be to record as follows:

Start the PowerPoint show.
Start Captivate.
As you movie through the PowerPoint show, allow (or force) Captivate to grab the individual screens.
When you reach a screen where you know you want to capture animation, force Captivate to shift into full-motion capture mode. By default, you press F9 to begin full-motion capture and F10 to end it.

You may be tempted to simply press F9 and record the whole PowerPoint as one big full-motion clip. Don't succumb to the temptation. For starters, You cannot edit these clips. Secondly, Captivate was never intended to record in this manner. Full motion in Captivate has always been reserved for very brief things such as dragging a window from one place to another. Or dragging the thumb of a scroll bar to scroll a page.

Hope this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r,

Thanks so much for responding. I felt that if anyone had the answer it would be you.

I am very disappointed that Captivate is generally limited to static image captures. They can certainly be turned into a very informative tool with all of the rich feature of Captivate but I am still surprize of this liimitation. Even Camtasia can do this with good quality and relative ease. I wanted one program to do everything--heck. Is there any way that I can import the slide show as a flash movie and set it up within Captivate to begin playing from a give slide that is linked to a Captivate generated button in another Captivate generated slide?

Much thanks my freind for your input.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry

You said:
Even Camtasia can do this with good quality and relative ease.

The thing you need to note here is that Camtasia records in an entirely different manner than Captivate does. And this is exactly why. Camtasia records the whole time in full motion. Because of this, it cannot sense mouse clicks and automatically add the text captions or click boxes like Captivate does. So each product has its own strengths and weaknesses.

If you exercise a bit of creativity, you can achieve some of the animation stuff PowerPoint offers.

In the mean time, you should probably voice your desires to Adobe. To do this, click here and complete the form.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Again Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I'm sure Adobe product management understands this and is way ahead of me bring this to their attention. I think it as you stated, I will have to rely on multiple programs when I need capabilites that fall beyond what one programs offers best.

That is why we have divesity, right?

Much thanks agin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources