Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Periodic Ribbon/Function Failure

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I installed presenter 8 a couple of weeks ago and loved it...however over the last couple of days, the functionality of the items in the Presenter Tab of the ribbon has become spotty.

I will click on the buttons and options and nothing will happen...the item will light up as I hover, but it will not execute my request on click.

For instance, clicking VIDEO does not launch the video app...and clicking Scene will give me the image options, but selecting one will not put it on to the screen.

I have the file saved on the machine (not the network)

If turn off the Add in, close powerpoint, open powerpoint, turn on the Add in, close power point, and open it again...powerpoint will crash, ask if I want to disable the add in (because it had a serious problem with it) and then when I open it (for the third time) functionality has been restored...for now.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Which version of Adobe Presenter are you using ?

Which version of MS Powerpoint are you using ?

Do you have Windows Xp or Windows 7 ?

Does it happen on a blank presentation as well or with a specifc presentation ?

Make sure you have Presenter 8.0.2 update installed.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikram,

Here are the answers you asked for:

Which version of AP are you using? = 8.0.1 Build 260

Which version of PPT are you using?  = PPT 2010

Do you have Windows XP or Windows 7? = Windows 7

Does it happen on blank presentations as well or with a specific presentation? = It happens with both. I have even tried various save as tactics to try and trigger it into running. Once it fails, the only thing that I have gotten to work is the process I described above.

Make sure you have Presenter 8.0.2 update installed = I would install the update, however the ribbon/help does not display the update option, and the other adobe installers I have seem to overlook Presenter.

Can you share where I can find it, also what does it fix/do?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Presenter 8.0.2 update : http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5505

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have applied the 8.0.2 update multiple times since it's release and I still show 8.0.1 Build 260.

Is the 8.0.2 update only for APVC or the 64 bit version of Presenter? I have Presenter 32 bit installed with office 2007.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In presenter 8.0.2 update there was a small fix of Time Stamp. (Not showing correct date)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had this happen again to me (ribbon failure of presenter commands)

I swapped user on my machine and logged in as a different user...and functionality was restored.

Why would the switch make a difference?

Also, to Jorma's point...I have tried installing the patch referenced above here...and I too am still showign 8.0.1 Build 260.

Advice/Thoughts?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sometimes user account setting gets corrupt, so switching user account fixes that issue.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

This issue continues to pop up for me...is there a work-flow that you can suggest to eliminate the need to change user accounts?

How do I get this tool to work reliably for me?

The ribbon works sometimes (5% of the time) and not others...so Presenter recognizes me periodically under this user account...what else can I try?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources