• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 Release Build plays slow on Android

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FB 4.7 to build a mobile Flex app for Android (Nexus 10) which works fine when i use the debug apk in the development environment and on the Nexus but the release build plays at a slower framerate.

It feels like the GPU render setting in the xml is ignored. The framerate is very slow during a big animation but speeds up in smaller animations

If I decompile the release apk i can see the renderMode is set to GPU

The release build process is also ignoring all the folders and associated files in the bin-debug. The only files copied to the release temp folder are the swf (with smaller filesize) and the app xml. I have to manually copy all associated files with each build, which is quite annoying

Does anyone know how to fix the slow playback for release builds?

Or is there a way to rename the development apk so that it doesn't have the '-debug' suffix as this apk plays correctly

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that the playback problem was caused by including the Air runtime in the app. Not including the runtime  makes playback much smoother

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi ade_1,

i have figured out excatly the same where i also have the nexus 10 tables. Do you had a chance to test it on another device?

Do you have found a way to fix it?

I use AIR SDK 3.8 with FB 4.7.

The release version with runtime build-in is a lot of slower.

Thanx

Gary

Update:

When i debug the app (over USB) and then export a release version that is automatic installed on the device, i got the slow performance. BUT!! when i switch off the device, discounnect the USB calbe, start the release app, i got the full performance back.

Can you try this and report if i´m right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines