• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I download Flash Player and install it off-line?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather not enter my computer's password while I'm on-line. I tried to address this on Adobe's Privacy page but, ironically, in order to submit a question there one must enter ALL one's personal information.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save the file(s) to a flash drive, and copy them to the desktop of the computer and install offline

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save the file(s) to a flash drive, and copy them to the desktop of the computer and install offline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very close to what I'm looking for, except I'm on Mac so .exe doesn't work. But I retraced the steps in the URL and found a way to download Shockwave, and then I poked around some more and found

download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

which worked like a charm!

Hey, what's the difference between Flash_Player and Shockwave_Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is for videos and games. Shockwave is for "interactive" stuff like forms and quizes. At least that's the way I always understood it. I just keep both installed and up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! And sorry about the incomplete info; I didn't grok

the protocol until too late. But it all worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines