• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 and Word 2013

Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're about to get a windows 8 upgrade foisted upon us and we're running RH10.

From previous posts I believe RH 10 is ok with Winodws 8 but I suspect not word 2013.

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh10 works fine on Windows 8. I strongly recommend adding StartIsBack to Windows 8 ($3 for 2 machines, $5 for 5 machines). With that you'll hardly notice the difference from Windows 7.

You can generate to Word 2013 using the workaround in Using Rh10 on my site but you cannot import if you have only Word 2013. You will need a dual install for that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

Regarding import of word, that's not something I ever do here directly so not a problem.

I do need to use word for proofreading copies, but I can either do that using your suggested work aroud or for small amounts, a copy and paste from compiled web help output works very well now everything is xml based.

Thanks also for the Hint about StartIsback, not sure which variety of windows 8 we're getting but will bear in mind. I believe the later versions have some changes wrt start button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new start button is not a start button as we know it!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp