• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Bug] Playing stream audio from the editor almost always starts from beginning.

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I am creating a movie clip with an audio layer set to "stream" I usually click certain points of the movie and hit enter to see and hear it. In Flash CC however, it seems about 95% of the time no matter what frame I am on when I hit enter the audio starts from the beginning and is not in sync. There have been a few cases in which the audio started at right frame but I haven't yet been able to isolate the process. Audio works great in the exported SWF, this issue is just just with the editor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

Can you try leaving the timeline head at the desired position for a few seconds (or something extreme like 10 seconds) and then hit enter, see if you can reproduce getting the correct audio every time? I experienced that on Windows a few times. I've since added a sound blaster (for other reasons) and noticed it's a lot less if almost never. I chalked it up to being similar to video where the audio needs a few seconds to render the correct audio up to that position due to the way lossy compression works. I really don't know if it's uncompressed under the hood in Flash CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 x64. I waited a good 10-15 seconds and it still started from the beginning. Editor audio playback is flawless in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on a hp desktop system equipped with Windows 7 64bit and a Beats Audio Experience Sound Card.

I solved the problem by disabling the feature Beats Audio from the control panel of the driver.

The problem is clearly linked to the sound card playback driver.

Try to disable any advanced driver features (such as surround sound, improved bass, etc)

I hope I was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would make sense, I just have a generic dell machine at work. I wonder why sound card support would differ from cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Has there been any other solutions to this or is Adobe working on fixing the bug? Going to keep using 5.5 till it gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Same issue here.  Windows 7 64 bit, "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver".

It's making animating to audio very difficult.

Also, why can Flash CC not export audio?  I time my audio stems in Flash and then export as a .wav for use in a separate editor.  So, the lack of this feature makes Flash CC useless to me, I'm really sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio is mostly overlooked because Realtek has made onboard so compelling. Back in the day nobody would be caught dead using crispy crackly onboard audio, everyone had a Sound Blaster. I'd consider a couple things first.

Reaktek, as good as it may sound, is a CPU-sharing chipset that unfortunately steals a smidge of power from you to operate. Most of it goes unnoticed until you really care about audio fidelity and performance, such as a studio. Flash, being a multimedia engine, still has to perform code, the display list AND audio at the same time. This is CPU intensive. It's no wonder Realtek is falling a bit behind and it would really be nice to know if this problem stems simply from underpowered systems running onboard audio.

If you're experiencing trouble and use a computer under at least 2GHz intel quad (any i-series) or 3GHz intel dual (again any i-series), speak up. AMD under a hex core with this product may also be in trouble.

Second, Beats Audio is a software product that tunes your hardware. Just Dr. Dre's shot at an EQ. It's no wonder disabling it helps. It intercepts your audio stream and tries to EQ it, which requires system resources. If you have Beats Audio enabled and even have a sound card that offloads audio processing I would still recommend you disable Beats Audio while developing. It's not realistic to expect the same sound on a clients computer anyhow.

The bottom line is Flash CC is the latest. If you load CS5.5, CS6, etc products on your machine and you notice they're starting to lag you a bit such as Photoshop then it's simply time to update hardware to match the updated software. Otherwise, use the generation of software designed for your hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sinious,

My PC is a couple of months old, i7-3770k 3.5 ghz.  Never heard of beats audio.

Also, no issues with previous trials of flash or any other application.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beats audio comment was for reply #3.

That CPU is fine, how's the rest of the system? Are you also using onboard audio or do you have a discreet audio card? Also you're using a 'k' processor so I assume you're aware that's an unlocked chip so you're most likely not using onboard Intel HD4000 graphics. Are you also using a discreet video card?

The thought path is the same. While the CPU is fine, if you're using onboard audio and video (both of which use system RAM over the FSB and are very slow) it can quickly cripple even that processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rest of my system: 16 GB ddr3, nvidia gt 640, onboard realtek audio.

Why would Flash CC, alone among programs, including older versions of flash, have audio issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scene rendering engine is brand new, 64bit. It's apples to oranges over the previous engines. Every previous version has been a 32bit rendering engine.

Good to know you're on Realtek audio as well. Over next weekend when I get time I'm going to uninstall my sound card and see if my onboard realtek performs the same, then reinstall and see if it goes away again. At least it's shedding light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sinious,

I do not think it is the onboard audio.  When I open older projects I find that the audio sounds fine and it plays correctly on the timeline.  Yet if I import a new wav, even into those old project files, the fidelity sounds poor, as if its playing it at 22000 khz.  And it sounds poor when exported in swf format too, even if the publish settings are set to 128 k quality.

Perhaps it is something to do with the importing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The debate can extend in any way, such as the format, libraries used to en/decode, realtime playback libs, etc. I'd love to narrow it down.

I launched CS6 and CC with a mp3 file, set to stream over 8000 frames @24fps default (CC music factory, seemed appropriate ). The darker interface is CC for clarity. I took out my audio board and used onboard realtek with a 2010 driver (latest for my older SB Intel P67 board).

I played the audio from around (random) frame 2114 on both CS6 and CC. I didn't bother showing CS6 play it perfectly over and over more than a few times, it never glitched. I did manage to get CC to start playing the wrong thing however. It played fine a few times, I scrubbed a bit, no real issues. I then typed in frame 2114 and it began playing the wrong thing at 1:25 in the video.

I scrubbed and scrubbed back and forward and jumped around so you could hear the audio on scrub is correct but on playback it's incorrect. I then removed the audio from the layer and re-added and set to stream and it was fixed again. From then on I cut the video, I couldn't get it to screw up again.

I definitely see the issue.

Example Video (10MB MP4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds about right, my work PC has Realtek onboard (SoundMax Integrated HD, Hardware ID:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_194A&SUBSYS_10280293)

and has this issue with CC. My home PC has onboard ASUSTek (VIA HD Audio, Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C) and works fine with as far as I can tell, though I've only used it sparingly at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My audio card's discretion is impeccable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting exactly the same. Was fine in Flash CS6, but after getting Flash CC 64Bit, I can now no longer play the streamed audio at the right point in the editor. It's making animation/audio sync impossible. Luckily, I found that with Adobe Cloud, you can still download Flash CS6 as well as CC, so I just use CS6 for animation work now - not ideal, but at least I can get on with work. Adobe need to fix this in CC though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone this is important to should file a wishlist reportt. You can include this thread from several users about the same issue for plenty of evidence of the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything anyone is getting in CC that makes it wothwhile to downgrade from CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing AS2 is a feature in my eyes . A reason to inform a client their 8 year old project actually needs to be updated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc speed (doing everything) >> cs 6 speed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a serious bug. Stop.

Adobe have to solve this!

Flash is not a freeware tool and flash animation is the core of my business.

No excuses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to post to wishform on the bug:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have already logged a bug for this issue and are planning for a fix in the next update.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines