• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Installing Flash Player 11

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a number of suggestions and nothing seems to work. I am left with my programs not showing FP installed and my control panel/programs showing it is. I never had a problem with the old flash player. Could someone please help an old man?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FP won't show in your programs because it's a browser plugin. You'll find it in the Manage Add-ons section of your browser (IE) and/or Tools>Add-ons (Firefox).

What Windows version are you running and what browser do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I am using Explorer 9 and Windows

Vista Home Premium. I looked at the Manage add-ons and there was no Adobe Flash or anything else adobe. (There was an image zoom )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look under 'All add-ons'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to internet options, security, and under both internet and trusted sites disable your active x filtering if it is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then goto adobe to download again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is showing in your Control Panel you don't need to download it again.  Just make sure that Shockwave Flash is enabled under All add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That seems to have taken care of it. It tells me that it is installed as 11.8.800.94 with active x something. I just turned the Active X filtering off and downloaded again. Still doesn’t show up in programs but has its own logo on Control Panel. Thank all of you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sculptorand wrote:

Still doesn’t show up in programs

Of course; Flash Player is a browser add-on, not an executable program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines