• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I convert a Flare project to RoboHelp HTML 10?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my company, we work in RoboHelp HTML 10. We aquired a company that uses Flare for their online help project, and now it falls to me to convert it to RoboHelp. I searched online and found the converter on the Show Me The Demo site, but the download button doesn't do anything.

Is that converter posted anywhere else? Or is there another method of converting from Flare to RoboHelp? Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check out the following blog where you will find the download link for the utility as well as a small video tutorial of the process.

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2012/01/coming-home-to-adobe-robohelp-after-a-fling-with-madcap-flar...

Courtesy : John Diagle for the awesome utility

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Anjaneai, but that's the page where the download link does not work. I have tried it in Internet explorer, Chrome, and Firefox, and clicking the download button does nothing for me. I was hoping there was somewhere else it was posted, but I have not found any mirror sites. Perhaps someone else can try it and let me know if it's something about my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be an issue with the link. I get past the download link which takes you to a registration page, but get a server error before I get to the actual download. I'll email John (who runs the site) and let him know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already done that Colum. I know John is giving on site training for a few days so he may not be able to fix it straight away.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colum. I can get to the registration page, and fill it out, but nothing happens when I click the Download button. No server error, no response of any kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, sorry for the glitch in the download for the Flare to Robohelp Project Converter. I have been traveling and teaching and did not notice this post.

Until I fix the link, please email me using the address in my Profile and I will send it via an email attachment right away.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

John

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John! I have sent you a private message requestion the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John will not get your email address from the Private Message. You need to email him as requested. Hover over his icon. Let me know if you cannot view the address.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hover over his icon, it says Emimal: (private).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Create another Private Message and give John your email address in that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, but if he didn't get the first one, why would he get the second? I also emailed him from his web site last week, but I guess since he was traveling, it got lost in the shuffle.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He will have got your message but that will not have given him access to your email address. PMs only allow you to reply.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I have been in touch with John and he sent me the converter.

In case anyone is wondering, it works very well, and has saved me days if not weeks of tedious manual conversion. The converter's output only needs a little tweaking in RoboHelp. I am a very happy tech writer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope I;m not beating a dead horse here, but I'm having a heck of a time downloading the conversion tool. I can't seem to get an email to "john@johndaigle.com" - it keeps being returned to me without delivery (?). Has the tool ever been posted elsewhere for download? Any ideas would be appreciated. I desperately need the tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send John a Private Message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll nudge John. Don't worry he will pick up your request. He is often on the road at a client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that broken download. Most folks have just been emailing me and I send them the converter file as an attachment with instructions. If they can't accept emails, then I send them an Acrobat.com download link.

Please email me at the address shown in my profile john @ johndaigle (dot) com

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully I can get this repaired soon.

john

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the quick reply! However, the problem I have is that I can't seem to get an email to you at that address. I keep getting a deivery failure notice in return. FYI, I notice the following: "Rejected by MagicSpam 1.0.5-3 " in the failure to deliver notification. I know you're not spam, so I assume that there's something goofy going on with our network...

Would it be possible to have a copy emailed to me at larry.carey@amx.com?

Thanks again

-lc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch for an email from me, without the attachment to see if it gets through.

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the conversion, I get about halfway through and then the program crashes.

Windows7, RoboHelp10, Flare project done with Flare v5.

I intended to attach a screencap of th error dialog, but I'm getting an error in the forum when I try to insert the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Larry

Rather than taking up bandwidth here, best we take this off line.  I've responded to you via email directly. Take a look at that.

Thanks

john

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp