• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Windows Explorer, in the !SSL! folder, what file do I double-click to start the Help project?

Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project with two TOC files and conditional build tags for Help topics specific to each TOC.  When I modify the WebHelp single source to make one of the TOC files the default for the compile / build, I specify a different sub-folder in the !SSL! folder to catch the "build" but then how can I start each build directly from the folder?  The button in the RoboHelp interface starts the same one, no matter which build I've just done.

Is the "magic button" a .js file, .xml file, .htm file, or ???

project_folders.JPG

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You start the one you want from the Single Source Layout pod where you created the layouts. Double click the one you want and one of the options will be Save and Generate.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter, but I don't want to go through the "generate" process every time I want to look at one of the Help projects. I am hoping that there's one file that I can click on (or specify in a shortcut) that will start the Help engine and load the specific project.  If I'm risking something going astray, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

I think Peter was suggesting you actually spend a moment and examine the dialog you see when you double-click the layout. The file you want is actually specified in one of the screens of the resulting dialog.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick I now see what Rob wants and to do that he needs to right click the layout in the SSL pod and select View.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter, Rick, and Anjaneai

I found the path in the SSL pod and made a shortcut for my desktop.

webhelp_settings.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can browse to that location and if this is a Webhelp/Flash Project look for the index.htm file and you can launch it to view your help file. Incase this is a WebHelp pro/Flash Help pro (for RH Server) check for the HTM file by the name of your default topic like-- First_Topic.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp