• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player.

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install flash player onto a MAC running OS 10.7.5 either using Safari or Google Chrome, its gets to the screen where you choose your update preferences, but it wont let me choose any options or click next to finish the installation. I am running the update as a local admin.

Any ideas ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please close all the browsers when you are installing? That might cause the problem. For more info, refer to this document: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html.

With regards,

Prabhu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i have tried closing all browsers which im only using safari. Still the same problem. I have reimaged the Mac this morning and tried again the install and once again get to the same place, where it asks you how you want your update in future. It wont allow me to select any of the options or click next.

I have tried taking the machine off the network and just logging in locally and have the same problem.

when i get to the page with the update preferences, if i try and click anything i get a beeping noise. I have tried leaving the install to see if it eventually works but after an hour it was still stuck on the same screen

Any other ideas on what it could be ?

The mac usually is network to a Windows 2008 AD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact issue, it halts at the preferences screen during installation. Did you manage to resolve it, it's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. I haven't tried that yet but it looks very complicated from step 4 onwards. I'm a little nervous about pasting in commands into my system without really understanding what they do, I may hold out for an alternative solution but do appreciate the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always a little hesitant to post that one... Not everyone is confortable working in Terminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thry creating a new (admin) account and see if it installs under that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed! I had an app installed called Little Snitch which is a firewall for outbound connections. It turns out at some point I'd blocked outbound flows to Adobe. I disabled the rules and the updater now runs properly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd.. I have LS always on and it has NEVER caused this. I can say that with 100% assurance because I uninstalled and reinstalled last night to "screenshot" several steps for a tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines