• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just want captivate to record what happens on the screen !!!

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2007 Mar 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K, Think I've a problem with this soft : I'm trying to create flash tutorials on Joomla!, a web CMS, but Captivate won't captivate what's going on the screen : it waits me to clic on a menu item or tab to create a new slide. I don't care about slides, I just want Captivate to record EVERYTHING, EVERYTIME I move my mouse. Can this soft do it ?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2007 Mar 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the recording options screen, there is a tab for Change Recording Keys. You can set a key or use the default F10 (PC) to force full recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2007 Mar 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

While Captivate is capable of recording full motion in this manner, it's ill advised. Full motion is intended for brief recordings. Additionally, if you recorded an entire movie this way, you cannot edit it as you can using the recording method Captivate uses.

If your intent is to record a complete movie using nothing but full motion, you may be better off using Camtasia Studio, because this is how it records. But Camtasia falls way short of Captivate with other things.

The bottom line is that I see room in everyone's toolbox for both packages.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources