Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade ColdFusion MX 6.1 to 10

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have ColdFusion Mx 6.1 server installed. I want to migrate the server to ColdFusion 10. Is it possible to migrate/upgrade from 6.1MX to 10?

If possible, please suggest with the steps required to migrate from ColdFusion MX 6.1 to ColdFusion 10.

Thanks,

Bhagath S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you have the option mentioned below (an Enterpise Feature of ColdFusion) in MX 6.1 Administrator, then you can create an Archive package which you can deploy in CF 10 to migrate settings.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishu,

I will create the Archive package from MX 6.1 Administrator.

when i need to deploy this Archive Package while migrating or after installing CF10?

Could you please explain briefly.

Also will there be any other changes required to migrate my application to CF 10.

Thanks,

Bhagath S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bhagat,

Once you have the Archive package (.car ) ready and then you can launch CF 10 Admin (Enterprise) and follow the screenshot

Browse the package and click on deploy

Untitled.jpg

Moving from MX6.1 to CF 10 is a huge upgrade. You might face some challeneges for your application as well. For e.g some of the tags might not work in CF 10.

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Please mark this post as correct if it answer your question.

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation