• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad app SimpleTransfer not seeing Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running version 10.6.8 on my computer and have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of Flash Player.  The iPad app SimpleTransfer says it is not there.  The same app on the same iPad can see Flash Player on another Mac running 10.7. what is the problem?  Adobe's diagnostic page  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html also does not seem to see it, as the box that would tell me what version I have is empty.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing the following:

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg

Trash Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt files

Then go to [user]/Library/Preferences - YOUR Library/Preferences folder NOT the Mac HD/Library/Preferences folder (Hold the "Option" key when you click "Go" from the Finder menu to access this Library folder)

FinderScreenSnapz002.jpg

Trash the ENTIRE Macromedia folder

Empty the trash

Download the offline installer and run it.

Reboot if necessary, and then see if the iPad sees Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all that, twice and it still does not work.  The macromedia folder returned to Library-Preferences and Flash Player. plugin and .xpt returned to HD Internet Plug-ins.  System prefs says Plug-in version 11.8.800.94 is installed.

The iPad app still does not see it and also I can't read anything with Zenio  on my computer - it says I need Flash Player!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're SUPPOSED to return. The reason they were trashed was the make sure the NEW ones would be up to date. Since they ARE now and the iPad still doesn't see them, I'd say it has to do with the fact one system is Lion (which CAN be recognized) and the other is Snow Leopard (which can't). There were A LOT of changes in Mac OS between 10.6 and 10.7, not the least of which was Launchpad, which was based on iOS apps. There were compatibility changes in 10.7 and 10.8 to make interaction between Apple desktops and laptops with Apple mobile devices a lot simpler. I'd say check with the Apple Forums because this looks more and more like a hardware/OS problem than a Flash Player problem. Maybe there'e a "retro" app that will allow the SL machine to communicate with the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I KNOW those things were SUPPOSED to return.  The problem is they seem to be invisible to anyone needing to access them.  You are probably right about it being a hardware problem, or maybe just a case of needint to upgrade my OS, because, after starting this discussion, we downloaded Google Earth to be able to see the 3-D images and, even though it supposedly installed, Google maps still says I need to install Google Earth.  Same problem, but not an Adobe problem. Thank you for including the link to Apple Forms.

I wish they would just say before I waste valuable download time, that the present versions are not actually compatable with 10.6.  In the Flash Player requirements list it says it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish they would just say before I waste valuable download time, that the present versions are not actually compatable with 10.6.  In the Flash Player requirements list it says it is.

Actually the latest Flash Player plguin IS compatible with OS 10.6.1 and up. 10.5.8 is the cut off because THAT was the last Universal Binary build of OS X, and requires a different architecture to be able to run on Intel or PPC Mace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines