• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i remove a permissions password from my own file that i didn't apply a password too?

Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import a PDF to photo shop . the file was created in vector works. now when i try to import it it is asking for a password permission.  I have not idea what the pasword is.  I ahve never set a password for pdf's befor.

how do i creat a pdf with out a password.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Adobe Acrobat to make the file? How was it made from Vector Works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file was created in Vectorworks.>export as PDF>opens in adobe reader> import to photoshop> "permissions password required..... I dont know what the password is or where it was set or how to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you own Adobe Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, if you ever find the permissions password you can remove it in Acrobat. Let's look at the security settings now, they may give a clue. Please use File > Properties and click Security. What do you see for security method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenShot001.jpgpassword security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were the one who create the PDF from the Vectorworks program, I'd check to see if it's configured to automatically apply security when it exports. If it does, there's probably a way to disable it. Otherwise, see if you can get the person who created the PDF to give you an unsecured copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Yes I did create the original file.  I can open it and view it in reader and pro. but when i want to open it in photoshop it asks for a permissions password.

the export command in VW is pretty straight forward export command.  the diaolgue box doesnt offer any options for security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's check one more thing in the document's Properties. Under the Description tab. What is shown for "Application" and for "PDF producer"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vectorworks Education Version, for both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this confirms that Acrobat isn't involved in any way in setting the password. It is something VectorWorks does. I wonder if you are using a "watermark" version that adds a stamp to each page? If so it might be protected to stop anyone taking off the watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a watermarked version.  does that mean that it is set by the program automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are protecting their software from being misused by people who can't be bothered to buy a license.

Thes forums do not permit any discussion of how to bypass encryption and protection systems, so this conversation is concluded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines