• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On ColdFusion 10 server cannot get CFTREE to work

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When loading webpage with CFTREE tag it does not work.  I am getting ClassNotFoundException - coldfusion.applets.CFTreeApplet.class.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

I fixed the issue doing the following.

I made of copy of the CFIDE virtual directory in the root of the web site and that did not help.  Then, I manually recreated the CFIDE virtual directory back to the default settings and rebooted the server and the CFTREE started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is CFIDE as virtual directory added to your website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the issue doing the following.

I made of copy of the CFIDE virtual directory in the root of the web site and that did not help.  Then, I manually recreated the CFIDE virtual directory back to the default settings and rebooted the server and the CFTREE started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rather than doing this - it's a substantial security risk which has been exploited a few times recently - yuo're better off to just put the /CFIDE/scripts dir somewhere within your website and use <cfajaximport> to tell CF's JS code to look there instead of /CFIDE/scripts.

If you insist on exposing your /CFIDE directory, make sure you're fully patched, and follow the CF lockdown guide (except for the bits about securing /CFIDE, obviously 😉

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation