Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Flash player 11 not supported on intel macs running 10.5.8?

I am able to run applications that are much more resource-intesive than Flash - and those applications are still updated.

Flash player 11 is able to run on XP which is a much older OS than 10.5.8.

I do not see any reasoning to not supporting Flash Player 11 on OS 10.5.

As more websites start blocking older vesion of Flash player, those 10.5.8 are being denied access because of Flash's own limitiation.

Flash complains about Apple blocking it from the iPhone & iPad, but really Flash is doing that same thing to us on older versions of an OS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

carle122 wrote:

Why is Flash player 11 not supported on intel macs running 10.5.8?

I am able to run applications that are much more resource-intesive than Flash - and those applications are still updated.

Flash player 11 is able to run on XP which is a much older OS than 10.5.8.

I do not see any reasoning to not supporting Flash Player 11 on OS 10.5.

As more websites start blocking older vesion of Flash player, those 10.5.8 are being denied access because of Flash's own limitiation.

Flash complains about Apple blocking it from the iPhone & iPad, but really Flash is doing that same thing to us on older versions of an OS.

10.5.8 was the LAST "Univerasl Binary" OS that Apple released - it ran on both PPC and Intel acrhitecture. Flash Player for 10.5 was a different app than an "Intel only" Flash Player. Apple ENDED all support for PPC Macs and U/B software of any kind more than four years ago. What runs on XP (which Microsoft extended support for by four years - it was to have ended in June 2010) has nothing to do with the fact that software for a processor that is no longer supported by Apple isn't updated by nearly any software developer on earth.

If your Mac is an Intel, you can upgrade to OS 10.6 for $20 through Apple. If it's PPC, you're out of luck.

Don't get me wrong... I loved my PPC Macs and miss them from time to time, but they are "relics" anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines