• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I re-associate my annotations with my .epub book after shifting it's location in my computer?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reorganised my files in my MacOS Finder and now my .epub books have lost their annotated highlights and notes.  The .epub.annot files are still in my annotations folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move all the annotation directory so it is in the same location relative to the books themselves, it should find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply sjpt.

I have now returned my ebooks to their original positions inside my Digital Editions folder in my 'Documents' folder.  The annototations have been recognised again thank you.

I use Dropbox as a method of backing up and my original intention was to have my annotations located in the Dropbox folder so that they would be backed up.  I tried various combinations including putting the whole Digital Editions folder with all it's contents in my Dropbox folder but the Digital Editions application refused to look in the Dropbox folder for the files.  It kept looking in my 'Documents' folder.  I couldn't find a settings option to force it to look anywhere else.

I still haven't achieved my goal of having my annotations backed up in Dropbox like the rest of my work.  Would you (or anyone else reading this) happen to know how to get the Application to look in a different location for the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines