• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need URL for linking from application

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2007 Oct 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written help documentation for a C# application and we are putting help icons on each screen to take the user directly to a help section. When clicked, the icon will open a browser window within the application and should display the specific help page I want, as well as the contents, like usual. I know how to link to a specific page, but how do I link to that page within the help contents & index page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start_page.htm#csh_target_page.htm

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I still don't quite understand. This is a sample URL I would be trying to link to. How would you format this?

https://vanweb.rjobrien.com/VantageHelp/21_Market_Book.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 02, 2007 Oct 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If:
21_Market_Book.htm is the start page (when you Generate, the first window is WebHelp General - WebHelp and the first field is "Select Output Folder and Start Page"),

Then:
The developers should call:

21_Market_Book.htm#WhateverTheNameOfTheScreenIs.htm

If you have a merged project, you and the developers need to set up a mapping file to identify which project folder contains the target screen/topic (that is, the topic would be within "mergedProjects/ProjectFolderName," below the root folder where the 21_Market_Book.htm resides). What we use is a text file called form_path.txt, with a simple CSV structure like:

WhateverTheNameOfTheScreenIs, mergedProjects\ProjectFolderName

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp