• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC not prompting to put dependent files when uploading ColdFusion .cfm files?

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just 'upgraded' (if you consider DW CC an upgrade) from CS6 to CC, and am having problems with .cfm files.

I have followed all the instructions to get DW CC to open and edit .cfm files..... and it does this just fine. I have also installed the server behaviours and databases panel extension.

However heres the BIG problem: when I want to upload a .cfm file to a server, I am no longer getting a prompt to upload dependent files! It prompts me fine if I upload a .html file, but not .cfm.

I mostly work with .cfm files and make changes to CSS files regularly. Whenever I upload a .cfm it is essential that DW also uploads the dependent files associated with it.

Please how can I fix this issues? I have gone into preferences and all the boxes are checked correctly to prompt for dependent files when putting/getting. I'm so stuck I'm thinking about cancelling my CC products and going back to CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with ASP and ASPX files. I suspect it's because these features are deprecated.

There are also issues with updating library items and templates to ASP and APSX files. I've wasted an entire morning trying to get templates to update and in the end just had to update each page manually by opening each file and reapplying the templates.

For our studio, Dreamweaver is rapidly going from being a useful, time-saving part of our worklfow to being a complete waste of time if the client site is ASP or ASPX.

I think Adobe have severely underestimated how many CFM, ASP and ASPX website front ends are maintained with Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Such a shame, I have been using Dreamweaver since MX. Is there no fix to this? Our non-profit site is running both Coldfusion *and* classic ASP pages so this is a double whammy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switch to a decent IDE like Sublime Text (which has good CF and I am sure ASP support) and is a million times faster than CFBuilder or DW. Just my opinion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation