• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Server question

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a virtual web server at work.  I have several different sites on it, lets call them:

SiteA.MyWork.org

SiteB.MyWork.org  <-- this is a ColdFusion site

SiteC.MyWork.org

The sites are all installed in the H drive as is ColdFusion.

I am going to add one more site SiteD.MyWork.org - also on the H drive.

These are my server details:

System Information
Server Details
Server ProductColdFusion
Version9,0,0,251028 
EditionStandard 

Can I add the new site or do I need to install the enterprise version of ColdFusion?  If I need the enterprise version, is it as simple as changing the license or do I need to actually install it?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Yes, you can add a new website (SiteD.MyWork.org) and place in the H drive (if H drive is not full).
Now, no need to install ColdFusion if you want your new website ((SiteD.MyWork.org) as ColdFusion website. You just need to create a connector for the same website if you previously had not cretaed connector with All (at server level)

Untitled.jpg

Same Scenario : -

3 wesbite and then added 1 new website (highlighted in red arrow)

Then launch Web Server Configuration Tool and found that out of 3 websites, I had

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create separate connector for this website if you have initially created connectors for each websites separately.

If you have initially selected all websites for connector then that would work for this too.

Regards,

Kaif Akbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can add a new website (SiteD.MyWork.org) and place in the H drive (if H drive is not full).
Now, no need to install ColdFusion if you want your new website ((SiteD.MyWork.org) as ColdFusion website. You just need to create a connector for the same website if you previously had not cretaed connector with All (at server level)

Untitled.jpg

Same Scenario : -

3 wesbite and then added 1 new website (highlighted in red arrow)

Then launch Web Server Configuration Tool and found that out of 3 websites, I had configured one website as ColdFusion website name CF 10

If in the above screenshot, instead of CF 10, you see All, then do not create connector means do not follow the steps mentioned below

Steps

Now you need to  configure new website CF10_New and that's it, you are done

Hope it helps

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you for the very fast replies.

Two things.

I am on CF 9

I am not a server person / programmer.  How do I create a "connector"?  In CF Administrator, IIS7...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\bin (single server) / C:\Jrun4\ bin (multiserver), launch wsconfig.exe as Run as Admin and follow the screenshot

Untitled.jpg

Under IIS WebSite, either you can choose All or if there is only 1 website in IIS that is a ColdFusion website then you can choose the website name instead of All

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nerver mind, I found it.

Start > Programs > Adobe > ColdFusion 9 > Web Server Configuration Tool.

Thank you again to both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds great Please mark this post Correct if your issue is resolved as this will be much helpfull for other ColdFusion users as well.

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation