• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

garbage software packaged with Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely disappointing to find a reputable company like Adobe is now packaging other software in Flash Player downloads without the user’s permission.  Although it might have been in the very small print, I did not intentionally want to download Real Player, Advanced System Protector, Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC, My PC Backup, Uniblue Launcher, Winzip, Winzip Driver, Reg Clean Pro, AOL Toobar, or Systweak.  After I downloaded Flash Player, they all started appearing.  Then I had to shut down numerous windows and popups, and uninstall everyone.  After installing Flash Player, the other obnoxious programs all reappeared, and I had to repeat the entire process.  Think of all the fragmentation and poorly written files that are still in my computer. SHAME ON YOU, ADOBE, that you should stoop so low to cram this garbage into an unwitting customers computer. Has your company grown so big, and your CEO now paid so much money that you don’t care about customer service?

Please respond.  I would love to hear your answer.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe has been bundling software with Reader, Flash Player and Shockwave for OVER TEN YEARS. If you've never noticed it, you must have just gotten your first computer this week.

2. Real Player, Advanced System Protector, Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC, My PC Backup, Uniblue Launcher, Winzip, Winzip Driver, Reg Clean Pro, AOL Toobar, or Systweak ARE NOT among the products Adobe has EVER bundled with ANYTHING downloadable so you DIDN'T GET THEM HERE.

There are FOUR (4) products that are "bundled" with Adobe downloads of Reader, Flash Player or Shockwave.

They are:

1. McAfee Security scan (which you can opt out of before downloading)

2. Norton Security scan (which you can opt out of before downloading)

3. Google Chrome and Google Toolbar (which you can opt out of before downloading)

4. Adobe Lightroom 30 day trial (which is ONLY available for Mac users so you'd NEVER see it)

Lessons for you from this are:

DO NOT download "Flash Player" updates from ANYWHERE but Adobe.

DO NOT download "Flash Player" updates through your browser, but do so through the Flash Player settings in your control panel.

Sorry you got all the "junk" on your system but it came with a fake update from an unscrupulous site which Adobe cannot control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  This is not my first rodeo.  I have owned and been using computers since 1985.  This was an original download of Flash, not an update, and I am always careful to go to the original manufacturers website, and only those that I consider reputable.  I posted my first comments out of frustration, and I believe that Adobe is getting sloppy.  That is too bad, as I own several Adobe products.  Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daviddnn wrote:

This was an original download of Flash, not an update

Then there's NO WAY it could have contained RealPlayer (a competitor's software). That'd be like getting a copy of OpenOffice in a Windows update for Office 2013.  To coin a phrase, "It ain't gonna happen".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell me exactly what you downloaded, and from where.  If you are accusing Adobe of bundling garbage software (and most of what you were listing is garbage), then at least you should tell us these information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines