• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get flash player to show full video using Firefox (23.0.1) on MAC (OSX 10.8.4)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Youtube and other sites, I only see the top left quadrant of the video.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest flash player and that did not solve the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration.

FirefoxScreenSnapz004.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get to it - can only see the top corner of it in the lower right quandrant of the video I can see.

See screenshot:

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 8.32.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From that "Privacy" box, press "Tab" 6 (six) times and press Enter. Press Tab again and press Enter again. Press Tab 5 (five) more times, press Enter and close the box. It should disable acceleration and you need to restart the browser for it to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I was not clear; I thought the pic would be self-evident. The only part of the Privacy box I can see is what you see in the pic above. I cannot see the bottom of the box so I cannot press any tabs and get to where I can disable acceleration.  Is there another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And apparently I wasn't either. I tested the instructions I posted WITHOUT using my mouse at all. If you click what you can see of that setting box and do EXACTLY what I posted, it will disable the acceleration. I did this on my late 2012 Mini runnimng OS10.8.4 in Firefox 23. I ran through it twice just to be sure.

"Tab" is the key ON YOUR KEYBOARD just to the left of the "Q". It has NOTHING to do with your mouse.

Believe me, I KNOW how to get around by keyboard alone... I was without a mouse for six months last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that was my fault - I saw "Tab" and thought of the full settings display and way I'd normally get to the proper place.  Anyway, I tried taing the number fo time you mentioned but it did not work. Pressing the Tab key 6 tims and pressing enter did get me to the right place. Pressing Tab once highlights the full box (note yellow outline in 1st pic below:

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.13.13 PM.png

From there, if I "press Enter again. Press Tab 5 (five) more times, press Enter and close the box." the box does not close and I get to:

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.13.41 PM.png

If, on the other hand, when I get to the Display page a press tab twice, it highlights the item I need to uncheck as shown below:

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.22.21 PM.png

If from there I Press enter, it does nto uncheck the box, which is what I think needs to be done. Neither does the space bar. And if I follow out the instructions from there I get to"

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.14.46 PM.png

So, I'm guesing we may have different items on the setting pages.  My version of flash is 11.8.800.94.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it gets to that third shot

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.22.21 PM.png

That's when you need to press "Enter" to disable acceleration.

For there it's Tab twice and enter to close the box.

Then a restart of thebrowser should let it take effect.

We're using the same OS, same Flash Player, same browser. So it should work the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you trying to help and I believe you that it should work, but it doesn't. When the "Enable hardware" item is highlighted as in the 3rd shot above, when I press enter, nothing that I can see happens; most notably the "check" does not disappear (and I cannot find a keystroke combo that will make in un-check). And, if after I press enter I press Tab twice and then enter again to close the the box, it does not close the box. I takes me back to the original state, showing the Privacy box.   Do you know of any other way to change the settings (i.e. without using this user intrface), like altering a config file somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try deleting ALL browsing and data settings in the Flash Player preference pane of your System Preferences.

System PreferencesScreenSnapz002.jpg

It doesn't always work as well as from the other settings, but give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try reinstalling Firefox: it may not be a Flash problem at all, but instead some kind of browser bug. I had the same problem with Nightly, and reinstalling fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines