• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Resource Manager

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS1b49059a33f77726-14df8d3712b0ab9d010-8000.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So resource manager still does not allow for topics to be shared\linked between projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I suggest you submit a feature request for this. Now that RH10 is out Adobe will be looking for feedback on what users think. You can do so at this link:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

BTW this may or not be useful but there are a couple of alternatives. Firstly you can import topics from one project to another. Secondly depending on where the topics are and whether they are a self contained unit, you should consider a merged project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I already manage a project with many merged child projects. The only practical way to link between them is by locating the web address for the required topic. While this is satisfactory, it would be far more practical to use the resource manager to share ALL resources - including topics - rather than just snippets and graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the web address is not the only way to link between child projects. See Merged Help on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the information supplied by Adobe on this page...

Second paragraph, third sentence: "Drag images, style sheets, and topics from Project Manager to Resource Manager".

So if we are to drag topics to the Resource Manager, I assume it means that we can actually share topics? Yet they say we can't share topics across multiple projects. We have to import them and create multiple copies and the downside of that is that they get desynchronized in no time.

Sharing topics would be a boost to single-source publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick test shows you can drag a topic from a project but not to a topic, notwithstanding what is said in the help. I have asked Adobe to clarify.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your words are...

you can drag a topic from a project but not to a topic

I just don't understand. Drag a topic to a topic? I never said anything like that. I guess you misunderstood.

Thanks for the help anyways,

Nicolas Gendron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me rephrase it.

You can drag a topic from the Project Manager pod of any project to the Resource Manager pod.

You cannot however then drag that topic from the Resource Manager pod into the Project Manager pod in any project.

Clear now?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been pointed out to me that if you right click a topic in the Resource Manager pod, there is an option to Copy to Project Folder.

I don't think it will be kept in sync, it will simply add the topic as it stands at that moment. That needs testing.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - this seems to be the problem I'm having when attempting to set my Master Page (.htt file) as a shared resource via RoboHelp's Resource Management functionality.

I can copy the htt file into my project via the Resource Manager pod but it does not sync up.

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1281126 for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Rh's own online help...

Resource Manager helps you maintain resources such as images, multimedia, style sheets, snippets, and baggage files

Nothing there about master pages.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp