• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have I been ripped off by Adobe?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So maybe 1-2 years ago I bought the student and teacher version of Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom. I installed it on my school laptop and on my desktop computer. My school laptop got really old and stopped working properly, so I uninstalled Photoshop and Lightroom before I put it in a drawer and invested in a new laptop. This laptop has Windows 8 installed on it, as was my only choice. I now hear rumors of Photoshop CS5 not being able to work properly on a Windows 8 laptop, because of some graphics glitch.

As I am moving to a different town for a year, where I'll be living in a very small dorm room, I found there's no room to bring my desktop computer with me. I do not have Windows 8 pro, and so I do not have the "downgrade rights" to reinstall Windows 7.

My laptop is a notebook with no disc tray, so even attempting to install Photoshop CS5 will require me to purchase one, since there is no longer a way to download the trial version and simply enter my product code. Practically speaking, there is no guarantee Photoshop will work properly on Windows 8 even if I invest in an external disc tray.

I currently have no income, so the little amount of money I have will go to providing food for myself for the next year. This means that purchasing Photoshop CS6 or the newest Photoshop CC is out of the question.

Bottom line, is there any way to fix this, or are Adobe employees going to blame this on my stupidity in 1. buying a laptop with windows 8 and/or 2. buying a laptop with no disc tray?

Any answers to my problem are highly welcome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Zhirza wrote:

I now hear rumors of Photoshop CS5 not being able to work properly on a Windows 8 laptop, because of some graphics glitch.

Should be no issues there. Plenty of people do run that combo successfully. If you have trouble, please post back.

Zhirza wrote:

My laptop is a notebook with no disc tray, so even attempting to install Photoshop CS5 will require me to purchase one, since there is no longer a way to download the trial version and simply enter my product code.

Go to http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zhirza wrote:

I now hear rumors of Photoshop CS5 not being able to work properly on a Windows 8 laptop, because of some graphics glitch.

Should be no issues there. Plenty of people do run that combo successfully. If you have trouble, please post back.

Zhirza wrote:

My laptop is a notebook with no disc tray, so even attempting to install Photoshop CS5 will require me to purchase one, since there is no longer a way to download the trial version and simply enter my product code.

Go to http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Follow the Very Important Instructions on that page first

Then click the download link to download the trial. Enter your serial number and you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these download links go for the extended version of photoshop CS5 as well? When I try to write in the serial number, it says it's not valid. Have I downloaded the wrong version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those links go to the trial versions on the Adobe servers.

The trial version of Photoshop is always the Extended version.

When you enter your serial number, the installer recognises if it's a Standard or Extended version via the serial number and unlocks the relevant features.

If your serial number is rejected as invalid, you'll have to contact Adobe Customer Service

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines