• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML to PDF in Coldfusion

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me the conversion from HTML to PDF using the built in coldfusion tools is not very stable. Does anyone have any suggestions of other software/components for that type of web based PDF conversion?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been using HTMLDoc for almost 4 years with good success. There's heaps of info on their site about how to set it up & use it etc. Very stable product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

I just took a quick look at the site for HTMLDOC. It appears that this is a manual process. I need to be able to integrate this into my client's website so that the conversion happens on the fly. I am shooting for a Printable report.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use it on the fly through a custom tag. I'm pretty sure they have a few samples on their site. Basically you create a custom tag that wraps around the content you want to print, you then save the content and pass the saved file to htmldoc.exe. This is the method we use and have produced hundreds of reports 'on the fly' this way.

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here's a tutorial on setting up HTMLDOC for ColdFusion: http://tutorial135.easycfm.com

Also the command line reference gives a good understanding on how the command line version works: http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/docfiles/8-cmdref.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it can be used "on the fly" via command line.
--
Tim Carley
www.recfusion.com
info@NOSPAMINGrecfusion.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too can vouch for HTMLDOC. I've used it since CF4 through CF6. I
really haven't used it much with CF7 because I've changed any previous
pdf generation with HTMLDOC to cfdocument.
HTH
--
Tim Carley
www.recfusion.com
info@NOSPAMINGrecfusion.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check out activePDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation