• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed video and publish in Captivate 6

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, long time captivate user here and have just jumped onto Captivate 6 as our client has a need for iOS output.

We are building 3-5 min modules that include a 30 sec video clip and some 'video demo' screencasts.

The output is for desktop, iPhone and iPad.

Currently I am having trouble embedding the 30 sec video (.mp4) and viewing on playback.

So how can I import a video and publish the project as an .mp4?

I'm stressing out here so many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

Will that 30 seconds video (.mp4) will be viewed on a single slide or will that be divided ?

On Captivate 6 you can insert .mp4 using "Slide Video".

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winston,

Guess you never got an answer. It still doesn't work in August of 2013. Captivate 6 is a true piece of sh*t. I feel your pain.

And yes, Vikram. I tried every setting and reinserting imaginable. Why am I still using this horrible program? Because I suggested it for a client and am now stuck with it.

Thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mind your language there.  This is a family show.

Did you not notice that Vikram DID indeed reply to Winston with a followup query to try and help but it was Winston that did NOT reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a stock answer I've seen on a number of forums. And he offered no solution at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram was asking for some extra information that would potentially help him troubleshoot the issue.  I also troubleshoot lots of issues here and most of the time I also need to ask for some extra information before I'll have enough to suggest some potential solution.  We're not mind readers.

If you're serious about trying to find answers to your own issue, perhaps you could also let us know a bit more about what specific version of Captivate you're using, what OS, and what the circumstances are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

It is fair to say that additional information is required, however in this case the question is one of general functionality... the OS version etc. is irrelevant to be able to answer this question. I have just upgraded to Captivate 7, and I also cannot find this functionality. I can insert "Interactions", which include the options of a Youtube video, or a Web object, amongst other stuff, but I cannot see where you can just insert a playable video, like an MP4, or other locally saved video. Is this possible? Can someone please answer this simple question?

Cheers,

Tomer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're on Cp7, then go to Video > Insert Video. 

Choices are for Event Video (which has its own skin player) or Slide video (which is controlled by the default project skin).

Plenty of extra info in the Help files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources