• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back & Forth button

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Robohelp Office Pro X5 and find that when i am viewing a "generated" project i can see the back and forth button but once i "publish" to the server both buttons disappear or are not there.

Does anyone know what setting to enable to have these on my published view?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 10, 2007 Mar 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mrs.Kirk

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are talking about the little Previous and Next arrows that appear in your navigation mini toolbar. If this is what you mean, these are present when you define a Browse sequence. I'm more than a bit confused here though. I'm confused, because the fact they are there before you publish seems to imply that you have taken the prerequisite steps of defining and enabling the browse sequence in your project. My only guess here is your mention of the "Pro" version. Are you truly publishing to a RoboEngine? If so, the only hunch I would have is that maybe you aren't working on the main project (you may publish several to the engine and they are dynamically merged). If that's the case, perhaps you need to enable browse sequences for the main project and re-publish to the engine. You may also want to try defining a window and configuring it as the default. Maybe that would work too. Not sure. I recall back in the eHelp days when this stuff was introduced, you had to do that for the skin to show up.

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,

How do i define a browse sequence? Do i define this in my windows properties? If so, my window doesn't have the option to check off the browse sequence or even the back & forward bottons. My window screen looks very different than the one in my training manual. Perhaps this is because i created it in webhelp pro and not HTML Help.

I am publishing up to an engine and using the pro version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browse Sequences are defined from the Tools menu but the very fact that you are asking how to define them means there aren't any, unless they were set up by someone before you?

The browse sequence buttons are only enabled when you are viewing a topic that is part of a browse sequence so please check to see if any have been defined. If not, I can't see how the browse sequence buttons are enabled when you generate.

You are not referring to the browser (IE or Firefox) buttons for that purpose are you?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not using the browse seqence function. What we are looking for is simply a back & forth arrow that works similar to the IE buttons. So when we are in a topic and want to go back we just hit the back button.

Is there not a way to enable these without having a browse sequence?

Thanks for your help Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Rick, I stepped in as I know he is at a conference all week so will have limited time.

I can't understand how you have browse sequence buttons enabled when you generate if you have not defined a browse sequence. In your first post in this thread you said these buttons were enabled. Perhaps you could send me a screen shot via my web site?

A browse sequence works by you defining the order in which topics are viewed. Let' s say One, Two, Three. If the user is in topic Four, the browse sequence buttons will be disabled. If they are in Three the previous button will be enabled and they can go to Two. Then both buttons will be enabled and the user can choose whichever.

IE and Firefox work in a different way. The Back button takes you to the last topic you viewed, after that you can use Back and Forward to cycle through what that user has viewed. Those buttons are part of the standard browser window and it would not matter whether you are viewing a local copy of the help or the server version.

Does that clarify things?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if we don't want to use the browse sequence and just simply want a back button so our agents can easily go back to the last topic they were veiwing...is there anyway to add this button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you can add buttons to the help that will do that and I will happily find out how. My first question though is why do that when IE and Firefox both have buttons already that do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good question...we are in a call centre enviroment that disables the back button for all other applications we use. Our agents do not have internet access only links to specific sites. That is why we need a back button just for this application.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Thanks so much for looking into this for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've documented how to hijack the Browse Sequence buttons and make them behave like the browser buttons. It's in the Skinny on Skins file.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question "We have to disable our browser Back and Forward buttons so we need the same functionality built into our help. Is that possible?" and Rick's last reply would have covered this thread.

:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, i'll have a look. What is the topic with the Skinny on Skins called?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the topic called "Moving the Browse Buttons to the Main Toolbar" within the Main Toolbar/buttons book?

I just want to ensure i am using the correct process.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2007 Jul 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just adding this for future reference, since I've had to look this up several times...

To find the topic referred to above, go to: http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm
Open Grimoires > Skinny on Skins
Download webhelp.chm
Go to: Navigation Pane Toolbar > "Change the function of the Browse Buttons..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp