Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A D E crashes

Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to download an ebook but everytime I load the acsm file, ADE crashes and I get the following error:

Nom d’événement de problème:APPCRASH
  Application Name:DigitalEditions.exe
  Application Version:2.0.1.0
  Application Timestamp:51efabb4
  Fault Module Name:rmsdk_wrapper.dll
  Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:51efaba0
  Exception Code:c0000005
  Exception Offset:00023453
  Version du système:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:3084

Is anyone familiar with this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

I'm not familiar with that particular error, but a general answer to ADE2.0 issues ...

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with that particular error, but a general answer to ADE2.0 issues ...

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually installed one of the previous versions and everything seems to work out fine for now... Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the acsm file or the URL to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to what? If you're talking about the link to the previous version of ADE I used, it's been posted already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the eBooks that I tried to download in ADE worked fine for me and I did not see any crash. You must be seeing this ADE crash only for specific eBook. Is it possible for you to share which eBook you are facing this crash with the latest ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines