• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What file holds Window definitions?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to move a Window definition from one RH project to another. What file is it stored in? I think it's in the hhp file, but when I move that over into my other project, nothing happens. I'm using the latest RH 9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your single source layout. There is the RHWND.APJ file but I think this only has non-WebHelp based window definitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*.ppf holds window definitions for non-WebHelp. WebHelp windows are stored in rhwnd.apj.

Strangely enough, the .ppf is not referenced in the XPJ as a collection. A bit of divergence from RH’s regular inner workings.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The layout I need it for is the html help (chm) output. I had assumed that it was the hhp file because, well, hhp traditionally was the project file if you were only using Microsoft's s actual Html Help Workshop to generate a CHM. But I think RH uses the HHP for more than just chm layouts.

In any case, I doubt the hhp is the source file that holds the window definitions, because I think the hhp can get regenerated if deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp