• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add Print button on Webhelp in Robohelp 10?

Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please provide step-by-step instructions to add Print button on Webhelp. I'm currently using Robohelp 10. I saw some suggestions using javascript in skin, but there isn't a step-by-step procedure available.

I have been seraching for this from past many days. It'd be of great help to me. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Item 3 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#webhelp

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick reply. It was really helpful. However, I still can't see the button the webhelp output. 

1. Created a new skin

2. In the new skin, I added this print button and followed all steps explained (adding inline javascript and calling the function in the action tab under onClick, etc)

3. I could see the preview of this being perfectly fine.

4. But, when I generated the output by compiling it again, I could not see the changes I made in the webhelp

4. I am thinking I am missing a crucial step. Is the new webhelp using the new skin? How to know this?

5.  I carried out all the steps as explained, except this "Don't forget to tick the Print button in the second page of the wizard". Could you please let me know which wizard this is and where is the check box to tick the print button?

I am eagerly waiting for your answer. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Item 5 will be seen when you generate your help. It is part of the SSL layout dialog.

With that ticked you should see the button.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to see your quick respose. You are a star. Can't thank you enough for your timely help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following the instructions at grainge.org but the button doesn't seem to work. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

I should add that I'm using Robohelp 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to know what you are doing wrong but the button does work if you follow the instructions. First work through them again.

If that fails, create a new project with just one topic and try in that. If it still fails, send me that project following the instructions on the Contact page on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I was able to get the Print button to display, but is there a way to position the button (ie. make it right justified)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. Anyone else?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might want to take a look at the Skinny on Skins file. I think I may have documented how to do this in there.

Click here to visit the download page

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick. The info was very helpful and I was able to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp