• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FB 4.7 Greyed out menus / Mac OS X 10.9 preview 6

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, has any one ever seen this before?

Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 12.07.43.png

All toolbar menus are greyed out no matter what is in focus in the main application window. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Ergh, just did a reinstall of 10.8, fixed, i recommend anyone on the Mavericks beta (or final when it's here) reading this who has problems, to just roll back, it just makes everything easier. Works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ergh, just did a reinstall of 10.8, fixed, i recommend anyone on the Mavericks beta (or final when it's here) reading this who has problems, to just roll back, it just makes everything easier. Works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unfortunately just happened to me too.. I've tried everything except re-installing the OS, I tried uninstalling the whole CC Apps and Flash Builder and Plug-Ins and Re-installing, no luck there.. The odd thing is that I have been on Mavericks for a while now, working on FB everyday, until a day ago menus where ok, going to re-install the OS (Mavericks) before I even go through the painful idea to rolling-back to 10.8, hopefully will work out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ dan24 I tried re-installing before rolling back, and there wasn't any luck, however I didnt have any saved versions of the Developer installers, so I could only re-install dev 6. If you create a boot drive with dev 5 on it you probably will be ok.

I found there were lots of small problems where flash builder conflicted with the OS. 10.8 was the sensible solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So based on those "small" problems who do you think should do something about it Apple or Adobe? lol

I just posted something on the Mac Develpment Forums to see if they push something fast, 'cause I really don't want to rollback and lose all my Tags and new settings .. : /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a mixture of both, but getting Apple to do something about it will take a lot longer than Adobe. My guess is that if all these small issues (like browsing for a file and making sure the file URL is in the browse box, which primariy is all OS related) are not fixed before the launch of Mavericks. The Flash Builder team will address the issues, whether this be by contacting Apple internally or physically provide updates for the software.

Either way it won't be in the first 6 months of Mavericks release. This is why most developers who do not rely on new SDK features do not update any OS before the release of it's .1, so in this case 10.9.1.

As for your personal case, I think you're going to benefit from rolling back sooner than later. I didn't want to but it became a no brainer after this menu problem, however the only features I miss are the seperate dual screens functionality.

Let me guess, you also have some issues with other software? Google chrome stops scrolling with the magic mouse / magic trackpag sometimes? It's all BS.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution!!!:

Installing the full Java SE 6 JDK from https://www.macupdate.com/download/39490/JavaForOSX2013-004.dmg worked for me, no need to rollback OS for now.

See the following threads for more info:

https://devforums.apple.com/message/878004#878004

https://devforums.apple.com/message/874376#874376

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange, I've done that everytime I update the OS as nearly everytime I updated there were issues. On dev preview 6 same story, but menus were still inactive for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines