• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Live Shapes Properties Bug (also in 2022)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking out the corner radii controls on vector shapes and it looked to be working, until I created a couple of other shapes. The Properties box inconsistently changes for the same kind of shapes.

Link to vid to show my problem: http://cl.ly/PheD

Looks like I can't go back to edit the shape for some reason. What would cause this? It's like the shape has suddenly stopped being a Live Shape.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

What happens if you use the Path Selection Tool to select the shapes instead of the Move Tool?

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

I moved your discussion from the Creative Cloud forum to the Photoshop forum, where you may get more relevent help more quickly.

Could you please post a screenshot of your layers panel?

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

layers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also found this when copying a live shape using the layers panel. When I select the copy the live shape properties are not available. Seems that using the direct selection tool usually switches it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you use the Path Selection Tool to select the shapes instead of the Move Tool?

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting the shape with the Path Selection Tool seems to reset it and turn it back in to a Live Shape — but it doesn't stay that way. Really strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This bug goes a lot further than what you have stated, if you select the live shape from the tool menu on the left it removes the properties and the width becomes the width of the space.

Very strange issue's happening.

These silly bugs needs sorting out ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have same problem with my CC. Live shape properties just missing when I select shape object.

Cheers,

Michal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I only managed to get the live shape properties to work when reselecting an object once. Pity as this was the feature that made me want to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. When alt-copying a live shape all seems fine, but when I copy the shape via the layer panel the live shape properties disappear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop the insanity.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/996863_10151754854240719_844700773_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that PS is losing the shape's designation as a rectangle with round corners – if I create a triangle immediately after making a rect with round corners, it loses its original options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get exaclty the same issue - although right from the start I never see the correct Properties panel for Live Shapes. I also see the MASK panel as shown in the post above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/996863_10151754854240719_844700773_n.jpg

Keith has hit the nail on the head. What's the point of live shape properties if you can't access them once the document has been closed. Unless I am missing something I have this same issue, and it's infuriating. Does anyone have a fix for this, or an eta on a fix.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest CC the other day. I have noticed the past few days I have not had the problem any more. It all works fin for me.

I believe you have to use the select tool (A) , but make sure you have selected "Path Select" ( the black pointer with the white outline) and not "Direct Select" of the 2 options

Then when you select  the shape, in the properties panel select the "live shapes properties" button to the left of the "mask" button at the top. I have noticed it always goes back to the mask tab, so have to always click the properties tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you SO much, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. The live shape properties where driving me batty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finally managed to fix my problem - I was drawing shapes and they showed NO properties.

Edit>prefs>general> reset prefs on quit

all behaving properly now

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sadly, this did not fix it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here, I can see the color, stroke and even size, but forget about the Border Radius, I've seen every video, and I can't find where to edit the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply use the hollow point tool, select a point on the live shape, and see the "live shape properties" reappear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It's indiscriminate. Sometimes it only shows Masks rather than Live Shape Properties. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering why there has been no response about this issue. Still seeing it occuring today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was somewhat skewed by the fact that Adobe seems to have 'stealthed' Adobe CC in as opposed to the cloud based CS6 we are signed up for. That feature works fine in CC but not in CS6, so we had to download and install that version now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines