Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word 2003 & X5

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

I keep getting the following error that I have not experienced before when trying to generate a printed document in X5. I have checked the forum and also Peter Grainge's site and can't find a similar problem.

"Microsoft® Word has not been started on this computer.
Launch Word and click the 'Start using Microsoft® Word' option before generating Printed Documentation again."

We thought it was something to do with service pack 2, so we installed that but the same problem is occurring. It was fine when I originally produced the printed doc but I can't seem to generate it now, a couple of months later.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the Print Issues topic on my site. That message is covered there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, but none of those options helped. I've uninstalled both Word and RH and reinstalled and the error still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not what the table row for that message advises. See the last row above Other Issues.

It's about disabling a template in Word.

If you have re-installed both apps, did you install RH after Word?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks again for the suggestion. That template is not showing up at all so I can't remove it. I reinstalled RH after Word. It's got us stumped. Hopefully we can upgrade soon to X6 and this won't be a problem. Luckily I don't have to do too many printed projects and the one I had probs with I have edited manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Although others have reported this, the only time I saw it was a valid message and starting Word did fix it. What is the Security Level setting in Word?

Was RH installed using your logon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp