Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 Context Sensitive Help Displays Full Help File, Not the One Topic

Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create WebHelp with RoboHelp V10 that contains context sensitive help to be displayed in a software application. When I click on any of the field names in the application, the entire Help file displays with TOC, Index, & Search, tabs but not the field level popup definition the Map ID is mapped to. I moved the RoboHelp V9 generated version files back to the server and the context sensitive help works correctly. Is there something different I need to deploy to the server to display the correct Map ID? I am using IE8 to test both conditions.

The Map ID's the software application calls to the Map IDs have not changed between the versions of RoboHelp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your RH10 output contain the correct window? Did the default window perhaps change?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured out my problem. I had renamed the .hpj file (to be consistent with the name of the application). As soon as I renamed it to the original file name, compiled and deployed to the server - all is well. I should have known better!!

Thanks William for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Personally, I'm thinking that this is a red herring. Unless something has changed with the way RoboHelp works (and I openly admit that's entirely possible) the .HPJ file is specific to creating .CHM files and traditionally has had no bearing on WebHelp output.

Are you by chance meaning to say that you used File > Rename Project instead of just renaming the HPJ file?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick

HPJ is a RoboHelp for Word file, similar to XPJ. Aren't you thinking of HHP?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh! Too much iced coffee! Yep, my frozen brain was seeing that as the .HHP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst the HHP is required to create CHMs, it can also be used to open damaged projects. Just be aware it will only be as good as the last time you generated some help and not just CHMs.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp