• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer Script Error when selecting "Print the selected heading and all subtopics"

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running RH X5.01 for Word and compiled a .chm file. When I open my .chm file and select to print a selected topic, no problem. When I select to print heading and all subtopics I receive an 'object expected' error, line after line after line. I found Snippet 46 on Grainge's website. I had compiled the chm with 'inline Styles' originally. So after reading the snipped I recompiled using 'External style sheets one for each source document' but I continue to get the same error. The MS Visual Studio Debugger stops at this line..kadovFilePopupInit ('a209');

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that affects any HTMLHelp file. It is to do with the way the topics are printed. They are all copied to a temporary html page, which is stored in a particular location.

This means that some scripts (or calls in scripts) don't find the files they required in a correct location. This can also affect the .css (the layout) of the topic.

For those reading who are not sure if they have this problem, just try printing mutlitple topics from your HTMLHelps, as jfullington has described above.

I have this post that outlines the problem and suggests some solutions:

http://techwritetips.wordpress.com/2006/06/28/htmlhelp-multiple-page-printing/

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I read your posting, unfortunately I'm still not sure what I need to do in RoboHelp to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems. Sorry it does get a bit technical.

Perhaps someone more fluent with RoboHelp can point you in the right direction for fixing it within the tool. My fixes all pretty much invovle adjusting the javascript mannually.

I get around the problem myself by ensuring any refernces to scripts or .css files are prefixed with: "ms-its:HELP.chm::"

For example:
ms-its:HELP.chm::Style.css

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There was a link in Andy's topic to my site where the procedure is explained in RoboHelp terms. Look in Snippets.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp