• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11.8 with Linux/Firefox ?

Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can i get flash 11.8 with Linux/Firefox ?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.8 and not 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version for Linux is 11.2.202.297

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but i need 11.8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There IS NO 11.8 for Linux. That's just the sad reality of the matter. Adobe has ended all development of Flash Player for Linux, and there will be no newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank Mister Adobe for this ostracism...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a fellow Linux user, I have had to accept that Linux (while far more stable than Windows, yet not quite as "user friendly" as Mac) is a very small portion of the computing world and there are some things that just can't be done.

Adobe has finally accepted that Flash is a dying technology and will be replaced by HTML5 video, and has begun (albeit slowly) the process of "sunsetting" it. Because of the extremely limited number of Linux downloads, that was one of the first places they stopped development, along with Android. It's not necessarily "ostracism" as preparation for what's coming... something Microsoft could take a valuable lesson from. It'll be tough while the Internet makes the transition away from Flash, but on the other side of that transition things will be a lot easier without the constant updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac.. user friendly? i hope that was a joke mike. sorry.. but mac is problly the worst OS as user friendlly.. Linux is so much better in all aspects..  Linux really needs to advertise like Mac and promote more and im sure it will dominate Mac and windows both no prob.  .  but anyway.. thats another chat session..lol     as for Linux.. i think its a joke that adobe stopped support on linux.. at least it seems to be that.........   almost everything nowdays runs on flash.. so why stop or pull support..........        its sorta like taking the wheels off a car and exspect it to keep rolling...lol  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines