• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Maps Store Locator Library + web app

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out how lash the Google Maps store locator library (http://storelocator.googlecode.com/git/index.html?utm_source=geoblog&utm_campaign=sl) to a webapp?  Replacing the static data feed with a webapp would be cool for BC clients.  The map is responsive, and seems a leap beyond the built-in mapping capability in BC. My js skills aren't up to the task.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have you can get my solution from http://www.bcmapapp.com love to see how you put it into action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this map view work with web app search results and is it responsive?

If so, then I'm sold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to use either of those. Web app search has an option for location and you have keywords etc and using the google maps APIV3 you can render these out in lots of different ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your solution and it doesn't work. I also sent numourous e-mail asking for support but never got any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution does work we have many happy customer using it for example here http://www.cflpizza.com/CFL/locations.htm

It has limitations granted however to say it does not work is incorrect it may not be able to do what you want it to do but your statment is incorrect as a genralisation.

Whom have you contacted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent 5 e-mails via your contact form on your webiste located here http://kiyuco.com/contact-us. I could not find any other contact form.

I was following your example app(with the places in England) just to get it up and running. So even the included example didn't work.

It was quite frustraing to buy something, ask for help and not even get an autoresponder e-mail back to say you received my e-mail.

I would be quite happy not to declare it publicly on a forum but when I am left with no support, what do I do?

What I find truly unsatisfactory is to respond to you on a public forum and get a response back in minutes telling me I am wrong based on your assumption. You didn't ask what I was using it for. I was just trying to follow along with the example video's included but it just did not work.

I spent 3 days watching the video, double checking and triple checking that everything was done right. Even the PDF's had typo's and contradicted what was in the videos. I started again and again but it just did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok well lets start again I dont get the kiyuco emails so I cant account for that and I am troubled that no one has got back to you especially if it was me as we are pretty prompt on zendesk.

I have jumped into clients BC hosting to take a look at their implementation for them to figure out where things are working.

I agree if I had tried to get support and not had it and then only got it via a public notice I would be frustrated too.

Not sure how you slipped through the cracks but if you would like we can draw a line here and start a fresh.

Email me at chris@simpleflame.com if you would like some one to one support.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines