• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the app "advancedsystemprotector"? On Firefox

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download the uninstaller so I can re-install my flash player, but, I keep getting this message that the downlaod cannot continue because "the conflicting application: advancedsystemprotection is running" What is this and how can I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"advancedsystemprotection" is not part of Flash Player or Firefox. It's most likely a browser hack that downloaded and installed without your knowledge. You can download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right-clicking either or both of the following links and selecting "Save target as" or "Save link as".

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save the file(s) to your downloads folder. Reboot. BEFORE opening anything else, run the installers.

But download and run TDSSKiller from Kapsersky first to get rid of the browser hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downlaoded and ran TDSSKiller and it didn't find anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advanced System Protector is a Potentially Unwanted Program or PUP. Advanced System Protector delivers false positives on the victim’s computer in an effort to convince the computer user to install a registry cleaner.

Advanced System Protector may usually be bundled with freeware downloads. This program may rarely be installed alone. Advanced System Protector may often be installed along with a browser hijacker and an adware infection. Curiously, the presence of these two other infections is the few real positives that show up on Advanced System Protector’s scan of your computer. Once Advanced System Protector has been installed, Advanced System Protector runs a scan of your computer, claiming to have found numerous threats. Advanced System Protector may also pester you with constant false positives.

Since Advanced System Protector may be associated with components designed to interfere with your security software, ESG security researchers advise starting up an affected computer in Safe Mode first. Once Advanced System Protector has been removed, ESG malware researchers strongly advise following safe online browser guidelines to prevent future infections with similar PUPs. It is important to note that Advanced System Protector may make unauthorized changes to your computer’s settings that may expose it to other types of threats. After removing this PUP from your computer, it may be necessary to undo these unwanted changes manually.

http://www.enigmasoftware.com/spyware_images/advancedsystemprotector_pic1.png

Check your control panel. If you find it, remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kaspersky TDSSKiller is not detecting Advanced System Protector because it is a genuine program, I am using Advanced System Protector for quite a while now and didn't faced issues that you have mentioned. The best thing is to contact the Advanced System Protector support team for such issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines