• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto advance with FLV in presenter window

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a presentation where I have FLV's in the presenter window. This is acceptable because of the type of presentation it is. The major problem is that I want the presentation to continue after the FLV finishes but it won't. The selection where "advance by user" is not selected so in theory it should just continue on but it doesn't. Any ideas on this one?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007
Thank you very much for your assistance. I was afraid that was the answer but you never know unless you ask. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say your FLV is in the Presenter Window, are you referring to the main presenter window or the "talking head" window above the tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referring to the "talking head" window above the tabs. Because in order to play the whole video I have to add silence to the audio editor to account for the time the video plays. There is no way to just change the timing on the slide so the only way to acount for the flv time is to add the silence or am I missing something?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that's the only way. And, furthermore, the audio has to be exactly the same length as the imported FLV. If the audio is longer, the slide will stop when the audio time has passed. If the FLV is longer, the video will cut off when the audio sends. If you are experiencing a pause at the end of the slide, I'll bet the audio is a bit too short (even a fraction of a second will do it).

The only way I've found to make this work is to

1. extract the audio from the original video file (I use mp3 extractor pro, a free program from GeoVId.com).
2. Then convert the video to FLV.
3. Add the FLV, and import the extracted audio. They will be the same length.

I hope this helps. We'll have to wait for Adobe to update this feature to really solve the problem. :-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you very much for your assistance. I was afraid that was the answer but you never know unless you ask. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources