• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add students to my course so I can see their progress in the Learning Analytics Dashboard?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add students to my course so I can see their progress in the Adobe Learning Analytics Dashboard?

Also, where can I find the link to the e-seminar session held by Dr. Allen Partridge on July 10 titled "Learner Intervention & Course Collaboration in eLearning" where the Learning Analytics Dashboard was discussed?  A search of the Adobe website ends in a dead end.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/index.cfm?event=register_no_session&id=2265781&loc=en_us

Tapped it with my monkey wrench - the link above should fix the issue.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please use the follwoing link to see a quick video on 'How to add students in course'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSocYjYNRuY&feature=youtube_gdata

Dr. Allen's e-seminar on Learner Intervention is available here -

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/index.cfm?event=set_registered&id=2265783&loc=en_us

Please login with you Adobe ID and you can view the eSeminar.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Mukul

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video shows how to set the maximum "number of students." 

How does a user get setup? How do you authenticate a user who is taking the course? For example, where/how do you set the learner's email? 

Also to clarify, in the Dashboard, COURSE is a more like a Curriculum? in other words a collection of modules, a module being an individual Presenter project?

When you setup a Course in ALS, is that overriding the quiz settings in Presenter?

And lastly, When the course is published to Adobe Connect, and the learner authenticates via Connect and selects an enrolled course (presenter) does the A3C use that authenticated information to post that data to ALS.ADOBE.COM?  How do we correlate LMS data with A3C data?

Thanks, just getting a lot of questions from our customers on how to effectively use the learning dashboard.

Thanks,

Pat

PS The link for Allen's session above is "not found."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Smith, EM wrote:

How does a user get setup? How do you authenticate a user who is taking the course? For example, where/how do you set the learner's email? 

User accounts are created by the system admin or using the Events module of Connect. Users then use the login credentials given to them to access any training that they are enrolled in.

Pat Smith, EM wrote:

Also to clarify, in the Dashboard, COURSE is a more like a Curriculum? in other words a collection of modules, a module being an individual Presenter project?

In Adobe terminology, a Course is a single learning object and a Curriculum is a collection of learning objects. These terms get used differently by different organizations, so it can be confusing.

Pat Smith, EM wrote:

When you setup a Course in ALS, is that overriding the quiz settings in Presenter?

No, the training module in Connect will use the quiz settings in Presenter or Captivate, if they are present. The ability to set a score for a training object in Connect only applies if there is no quiz functionality in a content object.

Hope that helps answer some of the questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I've confused the issue.  I'm extremely familar with Connect's Learning module (we're a Connect VAR and Solution Partner).  All of my questions are specific to ALS, not Connect.

So let's try this again:

How does the Learning Dashboard setup Users, not # of users as the video shows.  How does a learner get authenticated so the data collected by the widget goes against a specific user (assume no LMS). 

Where does a course owner setup users in ALS and enroll them into the course?

In ALS you have the ability to set percentage complete of each module; how do the quiz settings in Presenter get evaluated, can I get a "complete" in ALS but still fail the presenter quiz?

In ALS what is a "module" per your definitions?  If a course is 1 Presenter project, where do you define the individual modules?

als.adobe.com used to be where the Cp 6.0 A3C widget was placing data, where does Captivate 7's A3C publish it's data, is it now going to cplive.adobe.com and als.adobe.com is exclusively Presenter data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I don't have an answer for you but thank you for continuing the line of questioning. I, too, am still wondering how to assign a learner to a course and monitor their progress in the Learning Dashboard without an LMS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I will try and answer your questions one by one ..

Learner's email -

If you have "collaboration" enabled for your content (and this is required for learning dashboard to work), then learner's will be prompyted with a username, email ID prompt as soon as they launch the Presenter content. Thus entering learner's email becomes mandatory and you can start tracking them through the dashboard.

Couse in Dashboard -

Yes, a Course is a either a single module or collection of modules. A module is a single Presenter published content. Thus you can publish multiple contents from Presenter and  group them to become a single course inside dashboard. Creation of course settings should be done in dashboard itself.

Quiz Presenter settings and ALS -

All the analytics displayed by dashboard are based on Quiz Presenter settings only. Nothing is overwritten. Only difference is the 'collaboration' - participation index. If author has set a participation index while configuring 'Collaboaration' in Presenter 9, then participation index will also be considered as a passing criteria. This holds good for reporting happening to a LMS or the dashboard.

Adobe connect and dashboard -

Learner will take a connect course by logging into the course using his Connect ID. This same email ID will be used to track the learner in dashboard too. Data sent to the LMS and the data sent to dashboard is same. Thus the criterias used by author to determine pass/fail on a LMS, same will be used to provide analytics in the dashboard.

Hope am able to resolve your doubts. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask and we will be happy to answer you.

Regards,

Mukul

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mukul, that clarifies a lot.  Thanks.

One last clarification, Captivate 6.0's A3C widget was posting data to als.adobe.com; it appears now that als.adobe.com is exclusively Presenter and cplive.adobe.com is the new location for the Cp 7.0 A3C widget data collection.  Is this correct?  And all my analytics from Cp 6.0 A3C enabled projects are now purged out of the database, is that correct?

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you are right. cplive.adobe.com is the new location for Cp 7.0 A3C and als.adobe.com is exclusively for Presenter.

Regards,

Vikranth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Allen - but that link provides this error message:

We're sorry, we encountered an error processing your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/index.cfm?event=register_no_session&id=2265781&loc=en_us

Tapped it with my monkey wrench - the link above should fix the issue.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Allen, that link now works.  I will try enabling the learning dashboard with Mukul's suggestions from above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have collaboration enabled on my presentation, but when I publish and view it locally two things happen or rather don't happen:

1.  The question mark doesn't do anything when I click it in the published presentation.

2.  I am not prompted for my name or email. 

Edited to add:  I just uploaded the course to SCORM Cloud and both features work.  I was hoping to use the Learner Dashboard without an LMS so I will keep trying for other online hosting and see if that works.  Thanks!

Edited again to add that SCORM Cloud shows me that 1 learner has registered and completed my course, scoring 50% on the quiz, but the Learning Analytics Dashboard still shows no students or student activity.  Is there a delay in how long it takes to populate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have to host the course in a web server for it to work. If you are playing the content locally, then make sure that the folder is made flash player trusted location, then it would work.

To see the student report in dashboard, you have to create the course in dashboard. You have to go to course settings (Right-end top, you see a drop down) and then click on new and create a course by selcting the module(presenter content) that you have registered. Then you start seeing the student report for the course in dashboard.

Let me know if you face any trouble doing this or if any of the steps that i mentioned is unclear to you.

Regards,

Vikranth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have published my presentaiton with Collaboration enabled and placed the content on my apache web server. The presentation itself works perfectly but I am never prompted for any signon ?

is there anything else I can check

Regards

Barnard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barnard,

Click on collaboration from your project and check if you have a module id and your participation score is shown.

collbWidget.PNG

Regards,

Krupesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I select Dashboard it does not take me the als.adobe.com site- I wonder if the widget is installed properly. I am able to manage the participation and the students are able to log in and I see the results but when I click on Dashboard it does not take me to the als.adobe.com site

Thanks

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

When you click on "Dashboard", does it open your default browser?

Regards,

Krupesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources