Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Flash

Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an archaic Dell Vostro 1500 running Windows XP 32bit, browser is Firefox version 23.0.1 and can't for the life of me get flash installed.  It's actually a friend's computer, and I have no idea what the backstory on it is... I have done periodic maintenence on it for the past couple of years, running cleanups, etc.  She called with this flash issue, said she can't install it.  I was skeptical, got her laptop and brought it home with me thinking it was a quick fix.  Not so.  Example: her issue was not being able to stream Pandora on her laptop, said she needed to install flash.  I verified this.  Clicked the link, which took me to the Adobe dl page, downloaded, and installed, Adobe page popped up saying install was successful.  Back to Pandora, no love.  Went to Adobe's page about finding flash version, no video.  Clicked link to download, installed, more of the same.  Ad nauseum.  Did a complete uninstall, removed all Flash files, including in system32.  Shut down, restarted, installed, and still having the same damned problem.   HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Shockwave Flash plugin enabled in Firefox?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the answers to the last two questions you asked were in the body of my initial query...  but to update, I found the issue.  Five different bits of malware missed by the normal malware protection software, but caught by Malwarebytes.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines