Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install flash player

Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just registered a new ID, password and screen name. Yet I still can't install flash player because it won't accept my password info. It's asking me for a Username. What's a Username??? Your system has ID, password and screen name, not Username. I tried using my ID for the Username. No, that's not it. I tried using my screen name for the Username. No, that's not it. What is it then?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is FREE and requires NO login or password to download. It DOES however, require an administrator account with a username and password (on your computer - NOT at this website) to install.

What is your OS?

What is your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm on a Mac, using Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I figured, but I thought it best to ask and be sure.

OS X is requiring your (admin) username and password to install the plugin, as it does for ANY software installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm not sure what my admin user/password is, but at least I now understand what I need to look for. Thanks very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again! Much appreciated!

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines