17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2013 10:57 AM by A.T. Romano

Rendering does not finish

walkeal

When attempting to render a 12 minute video in PE 11 the rendering appears to start - the cursor starts moving along the timeline - but then, at about 1 minute it just stops. When I click "render" again to re-start it the cursor jumps back to the start and runs again until about 1 minute and stops again. This keeps repeating until I give up.  Help!

My computer is a HP with 1.2 tb hard drive (about .1tb used), 9gb memory, Intel coreI7 960video card, Windows 7 - 64 bit.

• 1. Re: Rendering does not finish
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Does the light-gray Work Area Bar along the top of the Expert timeline cover your entire project?

The program will only render what is under the Work Area Bar.

• 2. Re: Rendering does not finish
            walkeal Level 1

Yes, the light gray bar covers the complete video work area.

• 3. Re: Rendering does not finish
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Walkeal,

I am curious about this line:

the rendering appears to start - the cursor starts moving along the timeline - but then, at about 1 minute it just stops. When I click "render" again to re-start it the cursor jumps back to the start and runs again until about 1 minute and stops again.

When one hits the Enter/Return key, the CTI (Current Time Indicator) should not be moving. The only "movement" that you will see, will be the yellowish/orange line above Clips, that need to be Rendered for ultimate viewing, will turn green.

Could you be hitting the Spacebar (to Play the Timeline), instead of the Enter/Return key?

Just curious,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Rendering does not finish
                walkeal Level 1

I am hitting the word "render" which is to the right on the black bar, above the gray bar which is above the timeline.

I know nothing about the enter/return key for rendering and I do not get any yellow or green bits anywhere. I used to get the red line in PE 10

• 5. Re: Rendering does not finish
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Maybe it wouid be best if you posted to this forum a screen capture of your timeline indicating where the rendering is stopping. There are a number of possibilities, but we can't really speculate without seeing your timeline.

• 6. Re: Rendering does not finish
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that info.

If you have no red, or orangish line above your Clips, why are you Rendering?

Rendering basically creates "proxy files," to be used for ultimate quality playback only. If you have no colored lines, or green lines, there is nothing to Render.

I concur with Steve G, that a screen-cap of your Timeline will be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Rendering does not finish
                      walkeal Level 1

I am rendering because that is what I was told to do in PE 10 to stop the movie stalling all the time while I was editing it. It worked most of the time too so I thought it might work for this situation.

I will be happy to send a screen shot but do not know how to do it. Please tell me.

Also I have been unable to spend any time editing since you guys helped me to get the timeline thing straightened out so maybe you are onto something. That there is nothing to render and once I get back onto editing everything will run smoothly. Except I still wonder why it kept stopping when i was importing the video.

• 8. Re: Rendering does not finish
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Walkeal,

For the attached screen-cap, this article might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2643538#2643538

Good luck,

Hunt