• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe flash mixer issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not sure what im doing here, im new and barely pc literate. everytime i install adobe flash i get something on my mixer that says name not available and it plays commercials at will, it goes away when i uninstall the flash so ...you tube insists i need a flash player to view stuff according to the pop ups and the non playing of the videos. however, i was watching you tube just fine and then suddenly it wont let me anymore due to the afore mentioned pop up recommendations. is there a patient kind soul out there who wants to help me out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you've got some malware (a.k.a. "adware") that's hijacked your browser. It likely came with a "fake" flash player update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for repsponding could you elaborate? because i went to the actual adobe site so im assuming your saying it isnt adobe causing the issue, if it's the browser, i use ie is there another browser i can use? is there something i can do? i have norton btw. can you recommend something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct. Adobe Flash Player ISN'T causing the issue, but it occurs through Flash Player.

You can try TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. It won;t conflict with Norton and it's really easy to use.

I don't use IE for personal reasons (I'm a web designer and I see every day how terrible it is with everything from javascript to stylesheets that other browsers handle with no problems at all).
Browsers you can try:

Mozilla Firefox (I use it as my preferred browser - fatser than IE, more secure, and much more customizable)

Google Chrome (From the search engine people who also run YouTube. Has its own version of Flash Player built in)

Opera (not widely know or used, but a very good browser nonetheless)

Safari (from Apple - Every Mac has it, and some PC users swear by it. I'm a Mac user but I prefer Firefox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mister mcBlob-  yaaay! thank you for your help, i installed firefox and downloaded flash through that and havent had anymore problems im free to pursue my youtube addiction unhindered! this has been going on for so long and i suspect alot of other problems have been because of ie as well. one last question if i may... is the kapersky thing a virus killer? should i download it just for safety? thanks for kindly sharing your knowledge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ejhoney wrote:

... is the kapersky thing a virus killer? should i download it just for safety? thanks for kindly sharing your knowledge

TDSSKiller is a "standalone" malware remover. You can keep it for future use (I do). It won't cause any problems with Norton, and it's good to have on hand if things start "acting funny".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines