• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Reset" a quiz or other interaction when user navigates back to the slide?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I let users return to a "reset" interaction page? I have different caption boxes that appear depending on which object the user clicks. After the user navigates away from the page, if they go back to the page with the interaction, it looks as it did when they left it (that is, with the resulting caption box displayed). I'd like it to look as it did when they first saw it -- with the caption boxes hidden. "Visible in output" is not checked for these caption boxes, but when a user returns to the page, they're displayed. Any ideas? I'm using Cp7, and haven't published the course yet -- just using the Play button within Cp.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up a Conditional Advanced Action that will hide or show all the elements required for the start of the slide.

Use the On Slide Enter event to trigger the Conditional Advanced Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Rod always uses a conditional action I know the reason, but for your case a standard advanced action will do the trick as well.

I call those actions mostly initializing actions. Some tips: group all the text captions (or other text containers) that you have to hide, and then your On Enter action for the slide will be a one-liner

Hide Gr_all

I used the label 'Gr_all' to indicate the group of objects you want to hide, have a lot of examples on my blog, and in this YouTube video you'll see the grouping and hiding in action:

Advanced Actions in Captivate 6

Sorry, Rod, but I wanted to avoid to explain which condition to use. Have no idea if this 'new' visitor knows anything about advanced actions.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem.  I was just leaving the door open in case there might be situation where some of the objects on screen would be left as is due to certain conditions.  Just being cautious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know your opinion about standard actions, Rod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources