• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Analytics

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ran into issues deploying the GA tracking code in their RH10 projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have seen any reported once set up properly. The help must be accessible via the internet.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. Yes, all of my help projects are accessed from within a SaaS applicaiton.

RH comes to an almost sreeching halt if I preview any topic with the snippet of code deployed. I can eventually preview the topic if I allow RH to spin its wheels for 2-3 minutes. If I generate the project and view the results, I am unable to expand any TOC folder that has the code deployed in its topics.

I grabbed my snippet from GA and inserted before the closing </head> tag of each topic that I wanted to track. I have also attempted to add before the closing </body> tag with the same, unsuccessful results.

Any thoughts? I need the GA code deployed to a number of topics, but I also need to work efficiently and not wait 2-3 minute to preview a topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to deploy the code in my WebHelp projects, but it's got some problems. Note: I'm still at RoboHTML 9.

To get Robo to include the code in all topics whenever I generate WebHelp, I modified one of the underlying template files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin\whst_topics.xml

I added the GA script directly after the last </script> closing tag, but before the ";]]>

This seems to work EXCEPT in Internet Explorer (of course) where it appears to block topics from appearing. Strangely, if a topic is blocked and I resize the browser window, WebHelp works normally. Just more evidence that IE needs to go the way of the passenger pigeon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or RH9 🙂 - Which version of IE are we talking about?

There are a few official and unofficial fixes for IE on RH9. These are not part of a patch and you need to install them manually: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

Note that these may override the GA fixes in whst_topics.xml.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am also trying to add a Google Analytics script string to every topic in my webhelp.

I added the string to the <head> section of the htt file, but when I generate the help, the string does not appear in the topics (I opened several htm files in Notepad and the string is not there).

I also tried adding it to the whst_topics.xml file, directly after the last </script> closing tag, but before the ";]]>. Again, the string does not appear in any of the webhelp topics. The whst_topics.xml file file is in the !SSL!\WebHelp folder, so I wasn't sure how adding the script to that file would affect all of the topics. I also edited the whst_topics.xml file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin\whst_topics.xml. The topics still do not have the string.

I am using RH11.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Deborah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp