• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check if stream exist on server side

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application to which a user publishes live stream . Before publishing stream I need to check if stream already exist . How can I do that ? I used

myStream = Stream.get(streamName)

if(myStream){

trace("Exist");

}else{

trace("Not Exist");

}

It always returns true and it looks like it creates a stream if it doesnt exist . How else can I check this ? If stream already exist and if some one replublishes it , stream looks little jittery .

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/ssaslr/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7e42SSASLR....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any one from adobe media staff intrested in answering this ? Is it possible to see if a stream exist in application code server side ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go for Stream.length() found on the same doc page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stream.length returns 0 always for a live stream even though the stream already exist on server , and is playing . Is it only for files and not live streams ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since this is a live stream, you can't expect hardware persistence but this can be implemented using SharedObject. Design your app that way so that when a user starts publishing a stream, a stream name gets added to a SharedObject so that when a different user tries to publish a stream he/she will know what stream names are currently in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines