• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parameter Incorrect Error -- No Source

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to delete a topic, I get an error saying "The Parameter is incorrect." I checked the forum and found Mr. Grainge's response to another user on the subject, but I can't figure out how to apply the remedy to this project. The user with the same problem decompiled his working CHM file. My project is WebHelp Pro, and there is no CHM to decompile.

I have tried manually deleting the file in Explorer, and I get the same problem as the previous user, where the topic still appears, but Xed out in red. If I cannot delete it, I will leave it be, but I would prefer to delete it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007
Hi, Peter,

Thanks. I tried deleting both the CPD and XPJ files...no joy. So I set the project settings to make a CHM, then decompiled it with KeyTools, then opened it using the HHP file. RH crashed a couple of times on opening the file and had to be shut down from the Task Manager, but I blame the overall bugginess of RH 6 for that.

I haven't gone over the project with a fine-toothed comb yet, but everything seems to be there, including the browse sequences and glossary entries.

Thanks again ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the other post for the benefit of anyone else looking at this thread.

http://tinyurl.com/yp7afu

You don't say anything about installation, whether your project is on your hard disk whether you have tried deleting the CPD file and the XPJ file etc. I noted the other person only deleted the CPD file. I've seen deleting one only fail to resolve problems that deleting both fixed so you might want to try that. Do check the topic on my site about Opening Projects before you go ahead.

There's nothing to stop you creating a CHM and reverse engineering that but I'm not sure that is necessary.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter,

Thanks. I tried deleting both the CPD and XPJ files...no joy. So I set the project settings to make a CHM, then decompiled it with KeyTools, then opened it using the HHP file. RH crashed a couple of times on opening the file and had to be shut down from the Task Manager, but I blame the overall bugginess of RH 6 for that.

I haven't gone over the project with a fine-toothed comb yet, but everything seems to be there, including the browse sequences and glossary entries.

Thanks again for your help. I'm a nervous somewhat novice user (about 4mos experience with RH in total) and still trying to get the hang of the tricky stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not quite clear given the references to crashing. Is the problem now fixed?

Also do you still have the original and is it something you can make available to me?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp